My Indian Fav:Butter Chicken

Funny Story: I always thought butter chicken was just butter and chicken....lol with maybe ome salt and pepper.  WHen I learned what real butter chicken was I was pleasantly surprised and made my own recipe. Depending on what brand butter chicken paste you get can yield different flavors, but i do find the paste works the best and gives the most authentic yummy flavor! I have had many rave reviews form this recipe!




Ingredients:
5 chicken breasts chopped up soaked in salt water
1 1/2 onion minced
5 cloves of garlic minced
2 tbs ginger minced
1 bunch cilantro chopped
lemon wedges
butter chicken paste
1 cup of heavy cream (heavier the better)
1/2 cup of butter
1 can tomato paste

Directions:

1) In a large pan, sautee onions, garlic, ginger until translucent
2)Drain chicken from water & dry.  Add chicken to pan-lightly brown
3)stir in butter chicken paste, 1/2 cup of water-let simmer
4) Add tomato paste and simmer for about 5 minutes
5)Prepare rice and naan for side
6) Stir in cream and quickly remove from stove
7)pour into serving dish and add butter, top with cilantro-let sit until butter melts
8) ENjoy! :)

Comments

Popular Posts